Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ancient power.

My stomach has some butterflies in it this morning.

After a long, trying and discouraging four months I am so happy to share with you that tomorrow morning I will be starting a new bible study here in my home.

For those of you who have been with me for any amount of time, you would tend to know that bible study is really a passion of mine.

I believe amazing things happen when we stop or "normal" routine and come together in expectation through the study of His word. I have seen lives changed, marriages made whole and people step away from the walls of their life and become all that God intends for them to be through prayer and bible study.

And I have seen in my own life, the steps of obedience I've taken through a bible study or a character or virtue that has been strengthened. Or how my eyes are opened in a fresh new way through a study.

It's something!

So as excitement floods my mind in the hopes of what the Lord will do over the next few weeks our group will meet, I also have some very real feelings of inadequacy coming on.

I feel a bit rusty and this won't be like the studies I have taught in the past. It's different, it's a new surrounding and it's not coming along with the cushions of video sessions I am used to.

But that's ok.

As I've called out for God's anointing on this group, I've come across two words that struck me hard.

"Ancient Power."

No matter who I was a year ago or who I am today or who I will be tomorrow....my God is still the same. No matter where I lead a bible study, what study we do or who will come...my God is still the same. No matter how rusty I feel, how inadequate I feel or how unworthy I feel...my God is still the same.

His Ancient Power never wavers, never changes and never ends. He is still God. And I am still not. {wink}

And then....I read this verse:

"Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there."~ 1 Corinthians 7:17

That is exactly what I want to do in my life today. Live it to the fullest, obey at all costs and love extremely and believe.....oh that's such a huge word, "believe".....that this is where His power is still something amazing.

If you are one of the women coming tomorrow, please know that I am praying for you and I just know that God is going to show off in your life these next few weeks! I can't wait to see what He does!!

Check back tomorrow night and I will hopefully have an update posted. And ps-if you are in the Charlotte area and would like to come we still have a few more spots...childcare is full but if you are kid-free and would like to come please e-mail me at: knkoziarz@aol.com .

Be blessed today,
~Nicki

4 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

How exciting... wish I were near to join in.. Love a good Bible Study!!! I'll lift a prayer for you as the leader & for all the people who will be involved!

Jenifer said...

Oh, Nicki! I am so excited for you. Praying that God would show up BIG time and go beyond, beyond anything your mind could possibly think or imagine.

You go girl in Jesus name!!!

Running the race said...

Praying for you Nicki...I am glad you are stepping out to live out your passion! I think God is ready to bless your socks off...just hold on and trust him. I love you! Mom

Jennifer said...

I will be praying for a richly blessed time for you - and all the ladies at your house - tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it!