Sunday, September 27, 2009

And...that's a wrap!

This is about to be quite possibly the most disorganized post you have ever laid eyes on. Aren't you so excited. ;)

Ok, let's wrap this coupon thing up....although I'm not totally sure it's worth it since so many of you are already experts on this...but again it's just for a few of my facebook peeps.

So...

Let's talk about triples first.

Triple coupons is when the store will triple a coupon up to .99! I have never seen it beyond .99 for triples but if you have please share cuz I'd love to gawk for a moment. :) Normally a store will only let you triple 20 coupons per day.

Now...I feel as though I have to get on my soap box for a second....

If the store says 20 q's per day....I think you should stick to that. There are several reasons. 1. I've heard that they are now tracing your debit cards as well as your store cards. So it would be quite embarrassing to be "caught" abusing the system.

This last round of triples I did, I really did obey the rules. I went once a day and only used 20 q's. And you know what? I did just as good, if not better, had I gone four or five times in one day.

The second reason is simply because it's the policy. And as Christians (or not) I think it's important to stick to policy's. Fight them if you want to change the policy but don't break it.

Double q's the same thing.......

Super Doubles......this is when the store will double a coupon up to 1.99! Now this CAN be great but you have to watch it because sometimes the deals aren't as great as triples.

A good rule of thumb is to always match your q's up with sale items. And remember just because a sign says 2/4...doesn't mean you HAVE to buy 2. Or if it's BOGO, doesn't mean you HAVE to get 2. This is how I get a lot of my items for free.

The best website I have found is www.hotcouponworld.com . These women on this site are SERIOUS about saving money! Their passion is contagious! :) So if you log on and go under forums you will find a section called grocery stores. Find your grocery store and check that thread frequently. I check mine just about every other day....sometimes several times a day if we are in the midst of triples!

People will post different deals that they have learned about and it's a good way to stay on top of the latest happenings with your store.

I try to always have a "plan" before I head to the store. That way I don't spend hours there and I have everything figured out before I go.

Ok, ya'll....that's all with the q's. No one really had any questions or comments so unless someone does, that's a wrap for this.

I've got lot's of other things on my heart this week and I need to get back into the writing in my soul.

Hope this has helped someone. Thanks for sticking with me. See you tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I did an article on grocery game & couponing, if anyone is interested in more details.

http://www.examiner.com/x-18479-Richmond-StayatHome-Moms-Examiner~y2009m8d2-The-Grocery-Game-saving-money-on-your-grocery-bill

Hope you have a terrific week!

Hailey said...

Goood reading