Saturday, July 05, 2008

So, I will define it

Sorry to just leave y'all hanging looking at those women in those bikinis!

My vacation caught up with me and I just got swept away in la la land. This was a great "concept", to blog my vacation. But I guess it was a better idea than reality!

We're home now. And so are you. =) Aren't you so glad? Now we can get back to regular blogging stuff.

Like, Definitions.

I have always loved going to the beach but always loved coming home to. To you know the fun stuff, like a mailbox full of really important bills, laundry, empty refrigerator, cranky kids...all the good stuff. But seriously, I never minded to much when it was time to come home.

Beach=Vacation

Home=Life

Vacations=Fun?

Life=Really Fun???


Right???


While at the beach, I got an e-mail from a friend of mine. It said something to the sorts that she was feeling yucky because she was having beach post partum depression. She had just left the beach a few days prior. And I was like, "Hmmm...." I prayed for her and went on about my day. I mean, I was ok.

Right?


Wrong. This time, there's a lot of "minding" coming home.

Guess who's got PPBD? Me! Post Partum Beach disorder.

We define everything else on this planet as some type of disorder, so this is what I have. I am clinically defining myself!

And we haven't even been home a full day!

I'll miss the sand between my toes.
I'll miss the waves crashing on my legs.
I'll miss the warm sun giving me a nicely tan bod, because tanning always makes you look thinner.
I'll miss just hanging out, relaxing and having no worries.


I didn't miss that FOR SALE sign in my yard.
I didn't miss a million questions in my mind still unanswered.
I didn't miss my scale. I can assure you of that!
I didn't miss my dishwasher, stove and other lovable appliances.

So friends, I know SOMEONE has to struggle with this too. We all have a great time somewhere and only come home to return to reality. But right now I'm sitting here thinking, "Oh goodness, is my reality THAT bad???" I guess after one weekend at the She Speaks conference and the next at the beach, I was doomed for this. But I need to get my head on straight!

What is your prescription for PPBD?


ps-Happy 4th of July! Funny things to come about ours!!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Welcome home....I missed you!

Valarie said...

Gotta admit girl. I got no sympathy for ya! ;-) Don't think my family will get to hit the beach this year so I'm having beach withdrawal!! Glad you had fun and I have to agree with the bikini observation. SCARY!! haha
See ya Sunday.
Val

Amy L Brooke said...

I don't know that the acronym will work for me, but I took Thursday off and yesterday was a holiday. Today is just Saturday, but it's back to reality as I have to go to the bookstore tonight. Sigh.

Thanks for reading my friend's post. I thought it was really cool!

Isabel said...

Vacation withdrawl is hard. Especially when life is just so normal. You know? Not sure there is a cure, but I'll let you know when I come back from the beach in August!

Make sure you read my post about She Speaks girlies when you get a chance...it mentions you! :)

God's girl said...

Oh girl! Real life with be better soon. :)
Love ya!
ANg

concerned parent said...

I will miss being at the beach with ya! Welcome home