Saturday, September 15, 2007

Choosing to Live Well



Ok my friends, and just plain snoopers of my blog =), I'm starting a new chapter....first thing in the morning!! I have been making excuse after excuse as to why I still have not gotten this weight off. NO MORE. Yes, life is busy, there's no time to be alone or exercise, healthy food is expensive...yada yada yada. I'm not going to be so brave and post my actual weight on my blog =) but I will be honest enough to say that I've got a good 50 pounds to get off. And I know.....oh I know that it's not going to come off in like three weeks, oh how I wish!! But, I've got to start somewhere.

So, join me if you'd like.....or just keep me accountable, but I am choosing to LIVE WELL. Since tomorrow is Sunday, the first day of the week....I need a plan...YES A PLAN.....hmmmm......

Ok, here's what I'm thinking.......Kris is NEVER home, bless his heart, but I can't keep using him as my reason for not exercising. SO, as of Monday morning, as soon as I get back from taking Taylor to school, I'm loading those girly's up in the jogging stroller and we are going to walk one hour. I will attempt to do this MON WED FRI. If it's raining then, walk away the pounds video will have to do!!! Now, here's the hard part.......I need to get serious about some water. I've been so bad about this sweet tea around here during the summer time. WATER, WATER, WATER....anyone have a good way to keep up with that part??

I also need to make sure I'm hitting my knees in prayer about this EVERY DAY. I plan on posting some scripture around my kitchen...gotta tie it into the decor somehow......=) any suggestions on verses anyone??? Next.....what will I eat??? I seem to do well when I've got things planned out....but the bottom line is this, I have to eat less than I burn....so this may take some time to figure it all out, but I think what I saw on Oprah once (because Oprah knows everything right??) was that at night you should feel some kind of hunger "pain", I don't know if that's the word, but feel a little hungry when you fall asleep.....and I know what that feels like, b/c when I've lost weight before I've felt it. Also, I totally and I mean TOTALLY agree with no food after 7pm......and that's right when girly's are going to sleep so that's the hardest part of the day!! "I just want to eat a cookie without mouths watering all around me!!!"

So, I'll be writing more about this...probably each day....but just a tinsy bit. I'm sure you'll be quite amused!! ha!! And yes PUT THOSE JUDGING HATS ON......this is one time I REALLY want to hear from you!! Ok, well I'm off to bed.....as hubby attempts to fix our satellite dish AGAIN........ugh. Love to you all but especially those with this same struggle.......YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

5 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

This is so exciting thank you for telling us that we're not alone! I love walking this journey with other women at my side! When I began, I started by cutting my food consumption down to about half. That seemed to be a good gage for me. But I was a BIG eater! I also stopped drinking calories, and went to just water, tea and diet cola. I have snacks if they are small and if I've done very well at meal times.

Now, if I eat out, I might order a burger and skip the fries, and I'll have a diet Coke. That type of thing. Just considering every meal and what is "enough" rather than what do I want to consume does the trick.

Darlene Schacht said...

Oh, thanks for posting the button.

And have fun on your journey!!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

I am with you my friend. just posted about it this morning to get all the prayers i can get - and accountability. Living in such a small area - this is one time it is a really good thing! Everyone will know when I fail at the local restaurant. ugh!! There is also some scripture I need help with - can you help? you will see at the blog...

thank you girl and I am praying you through!!!

Susanne said...

Hey Girl!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am SO GLAD to have you in "this thing" with me!! I will be praying for you and rooting you on! You are right...WE CAN DO THIS!!!
As for scripture...here's a suggestion. Get a copy of PRAYING GOD'S WORD by Beth Moore. It's great for all sorts of strongholds in your life, but there is one particular chapter on eating habits that will BLESS YOUR SOCKS OFF!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!

penguinsandladybugs said...

Doing this together, and focusing on MORE than eating/diet is the way to do it!!! You can do it!! Thanks for visiting my site, I'll be checking back in on you as well ;)