Thursday, February 08, 2007

Much on the mind again

This morning I'm all over the place in my quite time! I read something yesterday that really disturbed me, but I know before I comment on it, I need to have all of my scripture in line! But I don't even know if it's worth the effort and time to try and make this person see what they have said is very wrong and almost hurtful. Sometimes though I wonder if we as Christians spend more time finding out what to say to convict a person rather than just letting God take care of it and just keeping the peace. So many Christians have a spirit of pride that they just have to be right and have to prove their point, one to many times. I don't believe that is how Christ wants us to be. James 4:6 says this, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." That pride thing....it sure can hurt a lot of people in ways you can never imagine.

Being in the book of James this morning brought me back to what I consider my life verse/verses. James 3:9-12 "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers this should not be. can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water." Oh how I always want to be fresh water. I am so guilty of getting caught up in chit chat but I'm seeing more and more each day people claiming to be so godly and then remembering things that have come out of their mouth. Oh I hope I have never left that impression on anyone and if I have, I'm so very sorry. Not trying to be perfect here, just very honest, very convicted. But trust me I do realize that just confessing here on this blog is not what it's all about!!! Perhaps there are people that I need to go to directly and apologize.

So once again, facing conviction. Ouch, it's just not a good feeling. But I know that if I'm living in fresh water each day, it's going to flow out from my mouth. It's not going to have to be something I have to think about every day, it's just going to happen. I'm not perfect, in ANY way, I mess up daily and I know I will continue to mess up the rest of my life. That phrase of taking of your cross daily comes to mind right now. Yes, that is what needs to happen every day.

So on another note, I'm so glad it's Thursday! This weekend Kris and I are going to the Selah concert and my mother-in-law is taking all three of those girly's!!! YEA!!! Can I tell you HOW EXCITED I AM about SELAH!!!!! AHHHH!!! They are my FAVORITE group!! And because my hubby is SO AWESOME......we got artist circle seats!!! I've been trying to not think about it the past couple of days because I've been so excited.

Kris and Taylor are off to the circus today! Taylor is very excited. I know she enjoys spending time with her daddy. But I'm a little jealous because I really like the circus! =) But Kennedy and the circus was just not a good idea! That baby is such a mess. I had to DISCIPLINE her yesterday. I was pushing the buggy at Walmart and get this.....she was mad at my hands being on HER buggy. She kept pinching me and screaming to get my hands out of her space! So, I had to swat her little hands..oh it made me so sad but she was being rotten. She stopped though. I'm gonna have to toughen up with this little girl, I'm afraid I've got another strong willed one! But she's just so darn cute, it's so hard to get upset with her. =)

Well, I'd better go, have a blessed day!!!

No comments: