Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Gotta Give It to God!!

I have had so much on my mind this week. So far this has been one of those weeks where it just seems like, nothing is working out the way I want it to. I could sit here for about 20 minutes and tell you all of the things that have gone wrong. But what good would that do? I'm learning so much that God doesn't want us to be complainers. And I will be honest, I can do some complaining! But, lately it just seems like God is just telling me over and over, that He's got it all worked out, so don't even worry about it. All He wants is for me to just to lay it down at his feet and walk away in faith that He is going to answer ALL of my concerns the way that He sees fit.

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and we were talking about how sometimes we'll pray for God's will and then we'll say, "well, this is how I would do it...BUT whatever you want God!" I've definitely figured out that whenever I think I've got it all figured out, I don't, and usually God's got something better. So this morning I turn to my one of my favorite verses in Proverbs. Prov 16:3 "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." But why is that so hard? Why is it so hard to NOT try and "figure" it all out.

I've begun reading Billy Grahams book on Angels. It's VERY good. I know it's going to help tremendously as I write that portion of our next bible study. I can't wait until we start meeting again. It's only been a week and I miss everyone. I'm also excited to see who God brings to the study this time. But, it helps to have some free time to write now.

Kris has been working like CRAZY trying to get this "Christmas Experience" thing ready at church. I really won't see him until about Monday. He has to work late every night until then, PLUS Sunday is his Sunday to work anyways so he's going to be exhausted. He's also running a half-marathon Saturday morning. I hope he does good.

I've done well on weight watchers this week so far, I'll be anxious to weigh-in Sunday afternoon with my friends. I hope we've all done well. I really hate writing everything down but, I really think that is the key. I know drinking water is helping too. I've also given up diet coke...well maybe not forever, but I was drinking two a day and I was talking to someone at our Christmas party who told me how awful diet anything is for us. But the Y is out this week, I can't put Kennedy through it anymore, I know she's got another cold. I've got to figure this whole exercise thing out. It was working very well going in the mornings before pre-school but, it's just not worth it to have her sick ALL the time. I don't do good with videos at home and with Kris working so much it's been impossible to go to the Y at night! It'll work out, I know it will. =)

Well, I hope you have a blessed day! It's so chilly here!

No comments: