Monday, November 13, 2006

Confession of Honesty-long

Ok, so I said I was going to be honest with this blog. Today was weigh in morning and it was not good!!! I posted the other day that I was afraid to weigh myself this morning because I knew it was going to be bad, and it was. Uh...........this is so hard. I GAINED a pound. But, I don't know why I'm surprised. I haven't been to the Y in almost two weeks now and I've not been overeating but I haven't been eating "good" either. So, I have to stop, renew my mind and my heart and get back on track. I think I was so thrilled last week with my loss that I just really took it easy this week. And that's the truth. Yes, I walked a few times this week but I didn't really do anything to break a sweat. I'm debating right now on whether to go to the Y today or not. This is SO hard because I feel torn between the possibility of Kennedy getting sick again, passing it back to me and then we're right back to how things are now. But, I know I need to go.

Last night I went walking with my friend, Tracy. She walks FAST! =) Kris said we probably walked 3 miles. I thought that was great and it went by very quickly because we were just chatting away. That's GOOD exercise, when you don't feel like you're working hard. I was so glad she called and asked me to go, I needed it!

So, here I am opening up my Joyce Meyer Look Great Feel Great book. If you are naturally skinny or don't have weight to lose, you might just want to skip this entry! =) I'm posting ALL of the things that made me get started and have helped me stay on track. Maybe if you too are in this battle, these might help you as well, but I'm really just posting them to get them stuck back in my head and heart!!!

1. Get up every morning and spend time ALONE in God's word. (how ironic that I only had one morning quite time this week and I gained this week hmmmm)
2. In moments of weakness, LET God carry and sustain me, I cannot do this alone, I need His strength! Verbally saying NO to the things that are not good for me. (I felt silly the first time I did this, but I really works to say no aloud!)
3. I will love my body no matter what it looks like. This means not sitting around moping about how awful I look and how none of my clothes fit me, it's finding something good about myself. I will reject bad thoughts.
4. I will not try to be someone else. I will never look like a super-model, my body is not built that way. There is a healthy weight for me to be and I will strive to be that person, not Brooke Shields. (I think she's just gorgeous! Especially after having her babies! Ugh!)
5. I will be pleased with myself each day. I will not obsess over the mistakes I make (gaining a pound) and I will take one day at a time. I did not get this way overnight so it's going to take some time.
6. I will eat breakfast like a King lunch like a pauper and dinner like a bird
7. I will drink water whenever I think about it, that means listening to my body all day and to pay attention to when it's thirsty and not get that confused with hunger.
8. I will de-stress myself each day
9. I will keep the right vision in mind. "Successful lives are made of successful days."
10. I will make it easy. I will not obsess about what to eat and when I will chose things are that are healthy, natural and easy.
11. I will have balanced eating. One meal at a time
12. I take FULL responsibility for the way I am. It's not the pregnancies fault, Kris's fault or anyone else's fault. I am the way I am because of the choices I've made!!!

Ok, I feel much better. I just needed to re-group. This takes guts posting all this on here! =) But, I've always said I will be honest about this journey and this definitely keeps me accountable. So, I guess I'd better go so I can go to the Y. Am I making the right choice???? If anyone else has weight loss tips or things that have worked for you post them! Have a blessed day!!

No comments: