Friday, November 10, 2006

Beautiful Day!!!

Oh how I love days like this! It's about 70 out and SUNSHINE everywhere! The leaves are all changing beautiful colors and it's just so "refreshing". It's like a break from gloomy weather, I'll take it!!! Taylor is home from school today for Veteran's Day. She's glad to be able to spend some one on one time with Hope Ann. They don't get a lot of time together during the week. I've been busy trying to get this house cleaned up, I'm almost done but I needed a break! So blogger called!!! =)

I got some great e-mails on puppy advice, thanks everyone!! We are doing well, Princeton is adjusting as are the girls. I love the little guy, he reminds me of the dog I had growing up, Tyler who passed almost a year ago now. He's doing awesome with crate training, at first I thought it was kinda cruel but now I see the purpose of it. IT WORKS!!! Kennedy still doesn't really care for this pup. I think she's like, what is this??? The other dog that we watched, Bow, stayed outside or in the garage so this is very new to her.

This morning I read an e-mail from someone that I just feel so bad for. This person has been through a lot lately! And things just keep happening. I told this person that often I have felt like when it rains it pours and we do question God and wonder what's going on. However, I read something AWESOME that I felt God led me right to today. I wasn't even looking! I've decided to post it for everyone to read. It's about why bad things happen to good people:

Life often confronts us with tragic situations that make us wonder about God's willingness or ability to help us. Why would a good God allow such things to happen? Doesn't He care?

This question is addressed by the Book of Job. In this amazingly relevant story, God allows His best example of a "righteous" man to suffer terribly. Job's faith is stretched almost to the breaking point, while well-meaning friends accuse him of having done something to deserve his suffering. Job's struggle continued until it was finally broken by the evidence of God's infinite wisdom and power.

It is impossible for us to fully understand the ways of a God who puts our faith to such strenuous tests. Yet the story of Job reminds us that God can take evil deeds done by others and work them into the fabric of His plan for our good.

God doesn't shield His people from all of the wickedness and suffering of a fallen world. But He alone has the power to use pain, persecution, and even death as part of His plan for our ultimate good ( Romans 8:28 ).

Another example of how God brings good out of human evil is the story of Joseph ( Genesis 37–50 ). Despite being sold by his brothers into slavery, Joseph eventually became God's instrument to spare the lives of multitudes in Egypt, including the members of his own family. Although his brothers acted wickedly, God used their evil deeds for His good ends. When his brothers feared he would seek revenge after their father's death, Joseph said, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives" (Genesis 50:19-20).

One of the wonders of God's providence is His unfailing power to demonstrate His goodness even through the intentionally evil deeds of His creatures. What a comfort to know that no evil can thwart the good intentions of our sovereign God!
I thought that was really good. Just thought I would share with everyone! It especially spoke to me after the deep study I did on the book of Job, that man went through it ALL and STILL loved God. Sometimes I wonder how strong I would be in a really,really, really hard situation. Of course I would love to say that I would just be completely sold-out for Christ still, but I think that if we are all really honest, it would be so hard. And it is so hard for people in these situations. Situations that just don't seem fair or right. I think though that just like Job, for people who are hurting so bad, the blessing is coming! Job was blessed ten times more than he ever was. I think that song by Natalie Grant, Held, is just so true and perfect for times like this. That song means so much to so many people, just earlier today on the radio I heard a woman call in about the song and how much it means to her. (How ironic! It just came on the radio!!! (goose-bumps!!!!)

Well, I hope everyone has a great week-end. Taylor has ice-skating Saturday but other than that, I'm looking foreword to a low-key weekend. I know things are going to get so busy once our little cheerleaders get going!!

No comments: