Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A Walking, Talking Sacrifice!

It's 5:45 am and I just sat down and I hear tip-toes on the stairs, it's Taylor asking for water. I can't help but laugh. I just can't beat them at getting up!!! Most days I at least have until 6am, but guess not today!

Wow! I have been so blessed at what I read this morning. I read Romans 12 and it is talking about being a living sacrifice. I started to think about what it means to be a sacrifice. The most obvious aspect of "sacrifice" is giving up something. In my walk with Christ, I can honestly say that I have never had to give up something to be closer to Him, I've only gained wonderful blessings through my relationship with Him! I don't know what my life would be like without Him in it. Where would I run to in times of need or trouble? Who would I praise all day long? What would I do at 5am? BUT, I have known of people who have made HUGE sacrifices to follow Him. Selling homes, giving up jobs, giving up things they love and even leaving their families to follow Him. But, I have to wonder, do those people really consider it a sacrifice or is it just part of their commitment to Christ? Maybe that's why I can't think of anything in my life that I have actually given up to be closer to Him. Well, maybe I could see this whole food thing. I know it's a hindrance in my walk with Him so I am giving up certain things, but again, I don't feel like I'm sacrificing! Ok, giving up a little sleep could be a small sacrifice, but the blessing I receive by getting up this early far exceeds the sacrifice!

I love v2 it says this, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is, his good pleasing, perfect will." OH!!!!......I LOVE that! When we start to live day by day walking in His steps, our minds are going to be changed. We are going to see things in a different way. Our minds our "renewed" by each moment we spend with Him. After all, we have so many hard messages through the media, friends, family and just strangers, thrown at us every day. We really will not be like this world, (which could be a good thing!), we will be walking, talking, living blessed sacrifices!!! We will also be in his perfect, PLEASING will! How awesome is that?

I have much more to say but I've got lunches to make and kids to get up! I'm going to the Y this morning.........hmmm...........Maybe I could see exercise being a sacrifice! =) ha ha!! I don't think that's what Paul is talking about! Have a blessed day everyone!!!

No comments: