Thursday, October 05, 2006

Creation and you?

Ok, it's really early, and sometimes I feel like I make more sense when I write things out that God is trying to speak to me about. I think I've just about got my finger on why God has lead me through Genesis 1. I've NEVER thought about creation the way I have the past two days. God is trying to say something to us! Yes, He is showing us a step by step process on how He created us and this beautiful world and how amazing it was that He just speaks and it is. I've noticed though that our God is a very organized God! But, I'm just throwing this out there but have you ever thought about creation as the way God designs our relationships with Him? I certainly haven't but, I feel God is telling me something here. I haven't made it all the way through Genesis 1 yet but check this out! Ok, in verse one, it says the earth was formless, empty and dark. That's exactly how we are without Christ. We have no purpose, we try to fill up on other things and we walk in constant darkness. The first thing on God's agenda was to turn the lights on. Isn't that the first thing we do when we accept Christ as our personal Savior? We allow His light to shine within us. In darkness there is chaos and in the light everything is made whole again. I was reading my notes in my bible and it says that in the Old Testament light was a symbol of life and blessing. Then as we get into verse 6 it says, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." Now this might be a stretch but what if it means that we are to be separate from others? God is turning us from our past and making us different, set apart. After all, before we have a personal walk with Christ we are like everyone else, we're all the same. Well, I'm out of time but I feel like this may be going somewhere. If I'm WAY out there on this one please tell me I always appreciate your honesty. I can't wait until tomorrow to see where this is all going! I hope all of you have a very blessed day!

No comments: