Wednesday, October 04, 2006

In the Beginning............

At 4am this morning I woke up, I thought why am I awake right now? Well, around 5:45 am God showed me why. He was trying to say GET UP, I've got to show you something and it's going to take longer than your normal 30 minute quite time!! Uh.......I wish I would have listened! I've been doing a lot of thinking about the old testament and trying to figure things out little by little. It's all very complicated and some of it rather boring if you want my honest opinion! But none the less it's interesting and fascinating to discover the "secrets" of the past. So for some strange reason, maybe it was Taylor bible verse that she had to memorize a few weeks ago, I've been feeling this tug to study Genesis. So, this morning I flipped through several verses and nothing was just speaking to me and so I turned to Genesis 1. Guess how far I got? To VERSE 2!!! You would not BELIEVE all that I got out of these first two verses of the bible. I'm quite sure I've read these verses at least a hundred times. I could quote it in my sleep but when I read it this morning it was all different. And because my little Taylor tip toed down at her usual time this morning I didn't really have time to get all the answers I needed. But, I'm just throwing this out there without a whole lot of research but ok in verse 1 it says "In the Beginning God created the heavens and the earth." I had to stop right there and research what other bible versions have said in that verse. Out of 10, eight of them said exactly the same thing. One said the HEAVEN (singular) and one said this, "In the Beginning God created the heavens and the earth- all you see and don't see." Now, I did do a little research so far on this one verse and come to find out there are two different theories on this. One is this, God always existed and He was always alone. There was nothing else spiritual or un-spiritual before creation. He was it. The second theory says that this was just a recording of what happened to the earth but not the original creation-meaning God. Now, this commentary that I read is definitely creation-based and it said that just because you believe that there was more than just God before God created the whole earth doesn't mean you are saying that Genesis isn't correct. It's all about interpretation. So, I really started thinking about this. I have to say that I really believe that there was more than just God before all of this earth was created. He created us for His purpose and His pleasure. I believe that "heaven" has always existed. We know for a fact that the earth hasn't always existed and we "humans" haven't always existed. At this point in all of this, I have to just stop and say, it's just not possible for my human mind to understand. When we think of time we think in seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, ect.... But Genesis doesn't say, "In the first 24 hours and zero minutes God created..." But there is a clue that God does possibly view time as we do because it says in verse 4 that "And there was evening, and there was morning, the first day."

So where am I going with all of this? I don't know, it's why I should've gotten up earlier! Incomplete thoughts!!! =) Well, hopefully I'll find some time today to figure out what on earth God is trying to tell me, it's something but I'm just not sure yet! Well, I'd better run, have a blessed day!

No comments: