Thursday, September 21, 2006

Permissible but not Beneficial

1 Corinthians 6:12 says this, "Everything is permissible for me" BUT not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything." I have repeated this verse about a million times in the past two weeks. As I've been writing this bible study I have been so convicted of the issues I have with my weight. I've got about 40 baby x3 pounds to loose. I've never gotten it all off after each birth of the girls but now that we are done having babies, I've really gotten serious. Amazingly I keep coming across scriptures and little devotions on self-control and discipline. And this verse in Corinthians really speaks to my heart. I think God is telling me that I'd better work this out (literally) because He's got other things that are going to need to be worked out later, so get it done now!

So today was day three at the gym and can I just whine for a minute??? =) I'm SOOOOO sore! But I'm committed to going on Tues, Wed, Thurs. Hope has pre-school on those days so I go before I take her to school, this means at around 7:30 am. It's been challenging but it really works out well. So if anyone else needs to be accountable I would love an accountability partner on this great big mountain I'm trying to get over! Let me know!

We received our "temporary" dog yesterday. Bow is doing well. But I did tell Kris last night that I feel like we have four kids now! He's actually the one that has taken to her the most, I think he enjoys having companionship that doesn't talk back! =)

Well, I'd better go, laundry awaits! Have a great day everyone!!!

No comments: