Monday, September 25, 2006

One of those days ALREADY

Oh Lord, it's going to be a long day, we had such a busy weekend. Taylor and Hope are both home sick today and it looks like the stomach bug............my favorite. I really can handle just about anything but this stomach thing is just YUCK. So, I'd better get digging into scripture today because it's going to be a long day.

Listen to this scripture I've come across this morning, it's very appropriate! Ecclesiastes 7:14 "When times are good, be happy, but when times are bad, consider God has made the one, as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future." Oh how that speaks to my heart today. God makes all days, good and bad. This day hasn't started off so great but I know that this is the day that the Lord has made.

I was thinking a lot about why God allows us to go through certain trials in our lives. I know several people who are facing very difficult circumstances right now and I know this, if we didn't go through the hard stuff we wouldn't be the people we are today. I think about all of the hard times Kris and I have had over the past few years. Things are finally better and then I go "Oh no what test or trial is around the corner, it's to quite.". Isn't that awful of me??? I'm always walking on pins and needles rather than on scripture. But for these people and myself when we are in a "storm" it sure is hard to see the whole picture, we just want to pray things are way and when they don't go our way we begin to doubt our faith and even doubt God.

I know God wants to use those trials for His good. If I never experience hurt or disappointment then I wouldn't be able to show mercy or compassion to others who are going through similar circumstances. For every "no" I have received from God it's always been for HIS greater glory, not mine. And I certainly didn't see it at the time God said No. Now I will say this, much of what I have gone through in life where God has told me no, there's always been a reason 1. Is for His greater glory 2. Protection and 3. Blessings. God has the best in mind for me sometimes I think I know what is best but oh how I'm proved wrong and I just have to stop and humble myself before the Lord.

A few entries ago I asked you all to pray for a couple in our Sunday School class who are battling and adoption "crisis". This Wednesday they will learn the fate of their little girl that they have raised and loved as their own. Please pray for them as they go through this, it's so hard. It's hard to believe that anyone would want her to go back to her birth father and his family but again, God has the whole picture in mind and it's not possible for me to understand.

So God has made this day, and even though it's not looking to great so far I know that Christ is walking beside of me all day, He's always there guiding me and I'm never alone. That's the best part of this day even though I'm alone with children I'm really not alone, I have the great physician here!!!! Now, if only He would clean up after the stomach bug!!! =) Have a blessed day!!!

No comments: