Monday, September 18, 2006

God is always in control

Jeremiah 29:11 says this, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I have claimed this verse today. Yesterday in our Sunday School class we were talking about how God is always in control. Thankfully this is one area in my life that I have completely received victory in knowing that God is working through all things and He's got it all worked out, so I need not stress over it! But our teacher Roy Goforth, asked everyone to bring a verse that related to a time in our lives where God showed us that He was in control. My heart was just BLESSED at the stories I heard. Many of them were medical situations but there was some that were related to marriages, particularly one that was basically over. God restored the impossible and blessed them abundantly! God has big plans for us, and especially for our marriages. My heart has been so burdened for the amount of people who have recently come into my life that are divorced, getting a divorce or want a divorce.

I feel like I must say there have been times when I've felt like there was no hope for our marriage and I'm sure there will be more times where I will feel that way but when I claim this verse I know that God has so much more for me that a marriage that fails. There is so much "stuff" that gets into our lives and our marriages just become another thing on the to do list. But I do know that if both of us are putting God first in our lives then, it's almost impossible for our marriage to fail. People who pray together, stay together, and that's a fact.

So my whole point in this is that no matter where we are in our lives God is not done with us and He is working in ways we can't see or comprehend, it's just not possible for our minds to grasp His greatness. Be patient, (and I'm speaking to myself) and trust in the Lord that He's always got the best in mind. HE is our HOPE and our FUTURE. The best is yet to come.

We had a good weekend. The girls all got their ears pierced!!! Talk about DRAMA!!! Actually, Hope Ann did the best, not one tear. Kennedy cried for about two minutes, Taylor about five! Taylor insisted on going last and I kept telling her it was better just to get it done, but she wanted to watch everyone else go first. That's a hard lesson to learn, just to do it. I struggle a lot with that and I KNOW her daddy does too. Taylor is so similar to Kris sometimes it's scary! =) But they all look SO cute! Girls Girls Girls!!!

We are adopting a dog for four months. Her name is Bow (how appropriate!) and she is a black lab. She's very sweet and gentle. Her owner is going to be out of town on business so we are going to take care of her while he's away. I'm scared the girls are going to get attached to her, BUT I've told them if we can take good care of Bow and learn responsibility with her then we will get a dog when it's time for her to go home! So we shall see!!

Well, this is a long entry, I hope you all are doing well. If I can pray for anything specific for you please e-mail me. Have a great day!!

No comments: