Thursday, August 24, 2006

Yes, it's very early. I hope I make sense when I'm writing this, this morning. I feel liked speaks to me the most early in the morning so awake I am!! I'm digging my way through Jeremiah this morning. Chapter 5 was very interesting. It starts off with God testing the people of Israel to go through out the streets and find someone who deals honestly and seeks the truth and God will forgive them. Well, there is no one like that to be found. I love how God asks these rhetorical questions like, Why should I forgive you? And Should I not punish them for this? I love His personality! Then in verse 12- 13 these people of Israel say something I would NEVER say. They are referring the prophets when they say this, "They have lied about the Lord, they said, "He will do nothing! No harm will come to us we will never see sword or famine. The prophets are but wind and the word is not in them so let what they say be done to THEM." They had some guts to make a statement like that! Then I couldn't help but laugh when I read verse 19. I can almost see God sitting on His mighty throne with His head tilted leaning on His hand almost in a annoyed voice saying this, "And when the people ask, Why has the Lord our God done all this to us? You will tell them, " as you have forsaken me and served foreign gods in your own land so now you will serve foreigners in a land not your own." God's like BRING IT ON. Don't test me!!! It's so like God to know exactly what the people are going to do and how they will react. I just laughed when I read that because I know God says the same things to me ALL the time. Like when I pray for something that's probably NOT in my TRUE best interest, He's like, "Ok Nicki and when you are in a big mess, I'm just going to let it be." Ok and one more really neat thing that I've picked up on. God really uses the ocean and the sand as an example to show how mighty He is. He did it in Job and now again in Jeremiah. Verse 22. Well, I don't know if any of this makes sense to you but bottom line, God spoke this morning and it was great to hear from Him. I'm so tired from yesterday. I like busy days but yesterday was to busy. Poor Kennedy she spent almost the whole day in a car seat or stroller. But it was a good day! We got to celebrate Kris's grandfathers 90th birthday! What a day to celebrate! How amazing it must be to see the world go through so many changes and tribulations and still be around to talk about it! His grandfather is a very wise man! Hope is just so honest but sometimes it can be a little rude, but she says to him, Poppy you're REALLY old!!! Oh, sweet babes!! Well, I'd better go, gotta get Taylor off to school and then I'm off to the Y for a good much needed work out! (if they don't have to come get me for Kennedy!) Have a great day everyone!

No comments: