Friday, September 18, 2009

Let's talk about Moolah Day 2

Today I first want to talk about where and how is the best way to get coupons. When I first started this about three years ago, I would get them just from the Sunday paper and steal the ones from my parent's paper. {smiles} Then I got into printing them online...which I soon found out uses lot's of ink which turns out to be kinda costly.

But recently I have discovered a couple of things that have really helped me. Number one, and in my opinion the best option is, Ebay.

For several reasons....you can buy specifically the only q's that you need, you can buy lot's from all over the country which is fabulous because different area's get different coupons. And the final reason is because it's really the most cost effective way to buy them....IF you get good ones. Be sure to always check the expiration dates and feedback on the sellers.

There is another site that I recommend called: TheCouponClippers.com . This is a great website too but I do find that the prices can add up very quickly...so only get what you need.

There are other websites out there but none that I have looked closely into. But feel free to share in the comments if you have a site that you like.

For printable websites, there's tons.

Here are a few of my favorites:

http://www.smartsource.com/

http://www.couponmom.com/

http://www.printcoupon.com/

You will find that most of these sites have the same coupons and you can only print them so many times before it blocks you.

BUT...I recently discovered that sometimes if you go on a grocery store that is not anywhere near you...like in another state or city....on their website they will sometimes have coupons that are not out there in other places. For example...my mom lives in Asheville and Ingles is her store there. So sure enough, I went on the Ingles website and they had lot's of coupons I hadn't seen elsewhere!

Sometimes it's hit or miss....but get creative with ways to find q's elsewhere. They are out there, they just have to be found.

Also, always be on the lookout at grocery stores for blinkies and tear pads as well as coupons ON the products.

The way that I first started keep my q's was in an envelope. I didn't have very many but then I built up to one of those accordion folder types that you can buy at the dollar store. That worked for awhile but then my friend Amy told me about how much better the q's work in baseball card holders that can go into a binder! Boy was she right!

This is a picture of my binder. I had to be cute with mine...but you don't have too, it just makes it more fun for me! :)



This is the back of my binder where I keep all the store q's that I find:



This is how I organize my q's. (Sorry for the lack of quality with the pics..I was just using my camera phone)


Now I will say that it does take more time to put organize them in the binder, but it saves me a TON of time at the grocery store. And I always and I mean ALWAYS have my binder with me in the car. That way if I run into a store to grab something, I have my binder with me in case I spot a deal! :)

I actually found that business card holders worked just as good as baseball card holders and they are cheaper. But...it's all about preference.

I've seen some women use big zip lock bags or just in a bundle in their hands. Whatever works for you do it! :)

Ok, so looks like this post is getting a little long.....I guess we'll have to make a day 3 on this. :)

Come back on Monday and we will look at the art of using the coupon at the best time...best deal...ect...I will also share some more of my favorite websites out there. The best times to get products the cheapest and some more of the tips I've learned over the past two years. We will also look at triple coupons and super double coupons!

Again, for all you experts out there this info is not new! I realize that. I just wanted to help some of the newbies to get going.

So if you couponer already why don't you share how you keep your q's together? What works best for you, what doesn't work for you? Share away!

If you are just getting started here is a great video to check out with binders that you can buy. Check it out for ideas on how to get your binder or order one from them! It's pretty cool.





Love ya'll!

4 comments:

Monica said...

Hey Nicki,

I just love reading all this info on coupons! I love using them but still am a bit disorganized. Your info has helped me see how to get more out of coupons. I can't wait to read more! Thanks girl!

Isabel said...

Love it! I'll definitely read on Monday too...love learning how other people do "it".

Just saw an aorable young woman at target the other day with a HUGE binder full of coupons. First time I'd ever seen that idea. Love your cutie one. Might have to think of that for me...hmmmm!

I'll send an email about a coupon swap. :)

Joy Junktion said...

What great tips.

I've been away for awhile.

Praying all is well.

Here is my new blog address:

www.consideringitalljoy.com

Blessings, Cindy

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hey girl,
Know I have not been around lately but I saw this post on my feed and thought you might be interested in a new web site that will be opening in October. I have a post up with the link to the site....see if it is something that will help you out.