Friday, June 20, 2008

Today is the day!

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe today is it. In just a few hours the She Speaks Conference will begin! I have just been on cloud nine since yesterday. I have jitters, butterflies, and a heart that races when I think about what's ahead! I'm so excited I just cannot wait!!!

The Lord has brought me to this and I have run towards it with my whole heart. This is fully seeing God's plan come into play! I can't believe it's been 7 months of getting ready for this event!!

I've got my two talks pretty done. They are going to give us time to tweak them if necessary. And When I get back I can't wait to share my Target trip ordained by God story! He works in funny ways to get through to us! Thank you for your comments, e-mails and phone calls about trying to pull it all together! It helped me so much!!

I've got my outfits picked out.........what an ordeal that was! I am just not all fashion savvy!

The house is clean, laundry is done and food is in the freezer. I knew I wouldn't be able to leave these girly's without all that done!

I've prayed and prayed over the last few days. The enemy tried to get into this conference but I've banned him! =) This is God's time not his! "For such a time is this!"

I'm scared..........I'll be honest. But I have peace. I'm going to this alone, no best bud's by my side. Which is exactly how I think God wanted it. Although one of my best friends' twin sister will be there!! So at least I can look for one face that I know!!

But the most I am is grateful. Grateful to so many of you! I said in my previous post what a blessing so many of you have been to me and I just need to say it again!!! Thank you again for investing spiritually and financially into this journey. Someone didn't understand why I would ask other's to donate for this, and it was hurtful, but the fact is, it's an investment into God's kingdom. The Lord provided abundantly through other's for this. This isn't for me or for my glory, it's all about Him. It's the Lord putting this into action, not me. I am also so grateful to my husband who is totally 100% supporting me through this! Thank you honey!!

Ok, now I'm getting all mushy eyed! Well, I anxiously sign off for today and this weekend!! I won't have any computer access over the weekend. But I'll be sure to post lot's of pictures! Have a blessed weekend ya'll and I'll see you on Monday!

6 comments:

MiMi said...

Praying for you this weekend! Can't wait to hear about it!
Emilie

Kim said...

Praying that you learn sooooo much, praying for God's peace as you speak and praying for things to run smoothly in your home in your absence. Can't wait to hear from you.

Kim

LeAnne said...

Hey girl,

Got your message and I'm sorry I was late getting back to you. But I will tell you even tho you're at the conference by now, that anything you write about your day-to-day feelings, your total honesty, is what draws me to your blog. It lets me know I'm not by myself. And your prayerful ways....well, it reminds me to do that. I mean, I pray, but every now and then, I forget that I CAN pray about certain things. I REALLY enjoy reading your posts. I check it out a couple times a day!

nanatrish said...

Nicki, I can't wait to hear everything about the conference and all the wonderful people you have met. Please share with us as soon as possible. I'll be praying for you! Love ya Trish

Tam said...

came across your blog and I wishing you good luck and will check back to hear how wonderful it all went.

Valarie said...

Oh girl I can't wait til Monday. I was looking for you at church but wasn't sure if the Conf. went thru Sun or not. Couldn't remember. Anyway, you HAVE to email or call me! I'm DYING to know how it went. Thought of you and prayed often over the weekend.
Love ya.
V