Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Praying God's Word

I've never done this before but Beth Moore has a study called Living Free. I've done several of her studies but this is a shorter bible study that is a combination of Praying God's word and Breaking Free. So, this morning I started day 1. There were MANY things that really stood out to me but something I really have never done before is Praying God's scriptures. It's taking a scripture that has really spoken to your heart, whether it was comfort, peace, conviction, understanding...whatever it is and turning that scripture into a prayer. For example: Asking God for what you need, "I do believe help me to overcome my unbelief." based on Mark 9:24 which says this, "Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me to overcome my unbelief!" That is good stuff right there! I guess I've heard different people mention praying scripture before and I thought it meant just speaking it and claiming it, (which is right too) but actually taking the scripture and turning it into a prayer, wow, I can't wait to see what God does!!

Bible study was so good last night! We had a really good discusion and I just have missed them so much the past two weeks. We are going to do this study Living Free together, so I just know God is going to work in a big way in so many lives. There are several heavy requests though, so this morning, I'm searching for a verse I can pray for these ladies who either are sick or have someone close to them who is sick or not doing well. Matthew 4:23 "Jesus went through Galilee teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness among people." "Oh sweet Father, go through this group let your word be known and let the healing begin. We believe that there is power in your touch and we pray for you to touch our group we ask, believe and recieve!, in the powerful name of Jesus, Amen"

I've got to cut this shor this morning. It's been so good to be in God's presence today. Kris is off with the men from Sunday School on a ski day. Lucky guy! But I don't mind at all, he's been so good to me the past few weeks, I hope he has a blast! But that means I gotta get them all up to take Taylor to school. I've been so spoiled to not have to go out in this cold every morning to take her each day, between Kris and my sweet neighbor, I've only had to drive once or twice this whole year!! =) Have a very blessed day!!!

No comments: