Sunday, February 18, 2007

A new week

I don't normally blog on Sunday's but today I only have one child to get ready for church so I won't be so tied down! My brother took the older two last night. But we have to pick them up before church. So, I really wanted to come on here and share my heart this morning.

God is so good!!! This morning I came in here and sat down and really just wanted to be encouraged through my quite time. So many days (as I'm sure you can tell) my quite times involve conviction. Conviction is very important and is a vital part in our relationships with Christ but, you know sometimes, I just want to feel God's love. And that is what I've done this morning. I'm so glad this is a new week. I experienced lot's of discouraging events last week. Just different situations that really saddened my heart. But I know that God has erased all of those hurtful thoughts and reminded me of his new beginnings today.

His love is so freeing for me, His love and His grace is just enough for me! Then this morning I was in Psalms and I read these two verses: Psalm 139:23 "Search me O God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting." And that is exactly what I have done this morning, I've allowed God to search me and know every thought I've had, and then I simply just laid it down. I lay it all down at the sweet cross of Jesus. The last part of the that verse speaks in a big way for me, Lead me in the way everlasting!

The other night, something so special happened in our home. Hope Ann asked Jesus into her heart. It was the most precious thing I have ever seen in my life. It brings tears to my eyes just to think about it. Now granted we have a little evangelist walking around our house 24/7 (Taylor) but the way this sweet child was so desperate to grab onto to Jesus and accept his love was just priceless. It really caught me off guard too. She just came walking into the office crying and said to me, I need to ask Jesus in my heart.......right now. It was just priceless. We've been talking for several weeks with this decision with HopeAnn. She wasn't quite sure about it all until Friday night. She knew more than anything she wanted to have Jesus in her heart! I looked at Kris and I said to him, we have been blessed with some godly girls. And that's why I had to share with you that child-like faith that just comes to the Lord and says, I need you. That's all it takes. Trusting in Him is one small step that will change your life forever.

Well, I'd better go so I can get a shower before baby bop wakes up! She's so funny! She's always bopping her head around everywhere she hears any kind of beat! I hope and pray that you have a very blessed day!

No comments: