Friday, January 19, 2007

Sweet Kennedy is ONE TODAY!!!

I can hardly believe that one whole year has passed since the birth of Kennedy Grace. Oh how I so clearly remember that day! It didn't get off to a great start.....I was to be induced at 7:30 am and we were late! I cried the way there thinking that they were going to send me home because we were late! But, they didn't! =) We got there and to make a super long story short, about 6:30 pm that night, Kennedy was born via c-section! I still remember how sweet and precious that baby looked the first moment I saw her. I remember her first little cry and the sweet sound of her voice. Oh what joys that sweet baby has brought my heart over this last year. I have eaten her up! I think it's taken three times around for me to finally get it right on how precious that first year of life is. She's our last so it's extra hard that phase of my life is almost over. I know God has big things instore for the rest of it, but I still can't help but be a little bit sad. I just LOVE the baby phase!!!

Another chapter closed in my life. An new one just beginning to open. What will her second year of life bring? I'm sure just as much love, laughter, smiles and tears as the first. But you know what I want more than anything? I want Kennedy, HopeAnn and Taylor to all know that their mommy is sold-out for Jesus. Yes, I take up all these precious memories and store them in my soul, but more than that I want them to see the life of Christ in me. And what does that require?? Obedience. Lot's of it too. Obedience to pray faithfully for them, to have a quiet time each day, to answer their never ending questions in love rather than rushing through them and to boldy lay out my faith for all to see each and every day.

I love new days, it brings new beginnings to my life and that is what today holds. This morning my devotion that I read was so right on the money! Here is part of it:

Whenever God gives a vision to a Christian, it is as if He puts him in "the shadow of His hand" (Isaiah 49:2). The saint’s duty is to be still and listen. There is a "darkness" that comes from too much light-that is the time to listen. The story of Abram and Hagar in Genesis 16 is an excellent example of listening to so-called good advice during a time of darkness, rather than waiting for God to send the light. When God gives you a vision and darkness follows, wait. God will bring the vision He has given you to reality in your life if you will wait on His timing. Never try to help God fulfill His word. Abram went through thirteen years of silence, but in those years all of his self-sufficiency was destroyed. He grew past the point of relying on his own common sense. Those years of silence were a time of discipline, not a period of God’s displeasure. There is never any need to pretend that your life is filled with joy and confidence; just wait upon God and be grounded in Him (see Isaiah 50:10-11 ).

Oh yes, I will wait in this silence and the vision that Christ has given me will come to reality through His timing! God is disciplining me....he's working out all the tweaks and I can assure you that from this period of silence I have had, I will never be the same. That's what God wants from us........to learn and NEVER be the same again! To be changed and glorify Him through it all. Oh how sweet are God's promises and God's ways. Just when I think I've got it all worked out...........=)

Well, I'd better go, I think Taylor is well enough to go back to school today. That virus really knocked her down! We have a busy weekend... I'll try to post some pictures from Kennedy's party, at least the cake eating anyways!!! I pray you have a blessed day!

No comments: