Friday, December 29, 2006

A double-minded woman?

I am so convinced that God is speaking to me about my faith that I just can't stop thinking about it! As I continue to read through James 1 today I see many issues popping up in my head. This faith thing is serious business to the Lord!

James 1:5-7 says this: "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man unstable in all he does."

To believe and have no doubt is pretty hard. I am so bad about saying things like, "Oh I just know God is going to take care of this!" and then sit down for hours and try to work it all out in my head, because a part of me must really doubt. So, I guess I would be that double-minded woman James is referring to. My mind goes in two directions! Wow, I really don't want to be unstable in all I do. I don't want to keep going around the mountain just to come back around again. I want to climb that mountain and jump to the next and the next and the next!

So today I lay my requests down at the foot of the throne and I walk away in faith. Faith that has no doubts. May I never question God again and may I never say to myself, "I have to fix this because God's just not hearing me out." May I never be double-minded again, may I always believe and not doubt. Oh Lord, change my heart!

Blessings to you this day!

No comments: