Wednesday, December 27, 2006

As small as a mustard seed

What an awesome Christmas we've had this year! I'm so thankful for all of the amazing blessings that our family received! The girls were a BLAST this year. For some reason last year Taylor really doubted the whole Santa thing, but this year, maybe it was Hope's FIRM belief in Santa, they were both very into the whole thing! Even after our tragic incident at the mall!!! =) Santa left Taylor a note telling her that he had fired that mean Santa and not to worry!!! HopeAnn was hysterical this year! She had so many questions to ask us about Santa and she was so funny when we were watching the news and the Santa tracker said that he was almost at Myrtle Beach!! She was in a panic to get to bed!! And she certainly was the first asleep! Kennedy could have cared less about anything, her most favorite present was a tiny piece of wrapping paper that she held onto with dear life!! She got some really cool toys that she has enjoyed playing with though! But, I'm glad it's over, Christmas is such a busy time and I've really enjoyed the past two days of just hanging out. The girls have been playing and playing. They all have been sleeping until 8!!! I guess they were just flat exhausted!! So, I've been a little slack on my 5am quiet times this past week. But the extra rest has done me good!!! I feel so refreshed! Ready to go!

But this morning as I awoke I was reminded that there are still many things that need to be accomplished in my life. 1. It's almost time for bible study to start back up and I haven't finished the study! 2.I've really got to pray about either getting this job at the hospital or that my ebay bow business will take off! 3. This weight still has to come off (although it is coming off very slowly!)! Of course there are many other things going on in my life, but these are the top three on my heart.

I know that God is working it all out, so this morning I turned to one of my favorite passages in the bible. Matthew 17:20 "I tell you the truth , if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain Move from here to there and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Those are some powerful words!! If you've never seen a mustard seed, it's a very tiny seed. About 1mm! But these seeds are very powerful. In fact if you eat one whole it can damage your nasal membranes! So although it's a very small seed, it's a very intense seed. That's what kind of faith Jesus is talking about. It's not about the size,how much faith we have, it's about the QUALITY of our faith. So there is no task that is to small for us to accomplish with our faith in the Lord. Whether it's simply completing the mounds of laundry or going on a mission trip across the world. Whatever it is, God is here walking beside of us guiding us into that quality of faith that He desires for us to have! So, I know God is going to answer all of these concerns on my heart not only for our family but for others in my life as well.

Well, we took Kennedy to the ENT yesterday. She's getting tubes put in on Jan 10th. I know it's a very routine procedure but I still can't help but be a little nervous about it. Just because she's so young and has never had anything done! But it's all going to be worth it to have her feeling better! I can hardly believe that she will be one year old next month! This year has just flown by. I've treasured every moment of her baby days since she is our last. Every precious giggle, word she tries to say, crawling, humming me songs while she sucks her thumb!, her little baby sign language!, oh it's all been so much fun this time! I know there is still so much to come, but I can't help but be a little sad...the baby days are fading fast!

I guess I'd better go! I hope you have a very blessed, "faithful" day!!

No comments: