Monday, August 07, 2006

Another Monday Morning

I never thought I would actually be sad to see Kris go back to work today. It's been so nice having him with us the past week. He works really hard to provide for our family but the only downfall is we don't get a lot of time with him. I'm so thankful that we had time as just our family to regroup. It's amazing how you can get into the hi-bye routine every day and before you know it it's been a month since you've had any quality family time. The girls are busy doing "school" work. The countdown has begun until next week. I believe we are at 9 days until the first day of school. I'm glad because we are ALL ready to get back into a routine. Summer is fun because you don't "have" to do anything but I can tell the girls are ready. So this week is going to be a week of busy work for them to get their minds back rolling. Although Hope doesn't start until September 5th she still needs to get on the ball too! Even Kennedy read a book today!!! And then she ate it. =) I had a really great quite time today. It's getting easier to get up in the morning. But I know once school starts I'm going to have to get up at like 5:15 to get in that time before I have to get Taylor up for school. It's so amazing how well the day flows when I get up and the spend time with the Lord. It's all the same stuff: fighting,cleaning, whinning, crying, diapers, laundry, cooking, shopping, errands, friends, e-mails, phone calls, bills, stress but it just makes it seem like it's not so overwhelming. I felt like taking a break from the book of Job so I flipped over to Proverbs. And then to the dreaded P31 woman that I will never be. I decided to write it out into my own words and make it apply to my life, I replaced a couple phrases that I felt didn't apply to me and replaced them with a phrase that did. It was really intereasting. Has anyone else ever done that? I'd be intereasted to see what things you replaced or what stood out to you the most. When I wrote it out the way it applied to me it really didn't seem so overwhelming. I mean it's still a lot but one day at a time right? Well, I think the girls are done so I'd better get something else for them to do. I hope you all have a blessed day!!!!

No comments: