Friday, July 07, 2006

Ah..........Summer time. Those words used to bring so much joy to my ears!!! I must say that it's been a very trying summer so far. The girls are used to being so busy and I really made an effort to cut things out this summer, they just don't know what to do with themselves. And of course when you try to register for camps the week before they start, they are most likely full!! Live and learn. We've stayed as busy as possible. Things have been quite challenging with little Ms. Kennedy grace this year. It's not like I can just go anymore, I have to plan.......Yuck. But Taylor has taken on the challenge of reading 98 books this summer, don't ask me where she got that number from. I think we are on um.............23 so that leaves how many??? Oh my............Maybe we set our goal a little to high since school starts in a little over a month. Leave it to the first born to be very ambitious!! We are all settled in our new home thank goodness. Can I say how much I HATE moving. It's all very frustrating the whole situation in itself was very frustrating. God shut many doors but I believe we are in the house that HE wanted us in. If I had my way we'd be in our other house still. But my way is never God's way. We have great new neighbors, Mrs. Martha and Paw Pa Ted. They are like the grandparents I never had, so it's a huge blessing to have them. Mrs. Martha adores Kennedy. Taylor and Hope are making new friends. We sure do miss our old friends but I guess that's a fact of life they are learning at a young age. I think growing up in the military community helped me with that. I remember a lot of heart ache. Just as soon as I would make a really good friend it would be time for them to move or me to move. Friends lasted at the most ONE YEAR. I think that's why I've had such a hard time holding onto friendships, I feel like it's time to move on after a year. Does anyone else ever feel that way? I read other people's blogs who've had friends for years and years, and it makes me sad because I don't even know where most of my friends from high school ended up. Well, that's my thoughts for today. I'm sure I'll have more tomorrow. Have a great day!

No comments: