Wednesday, April 15, 2009

So what's so big about a clean life?


Hi. How are you? Get a cup of coffee and get cozy....cuz this is a long one.

Tonight was bible study and the Lord just showed up in an amazing way!

It's like that song by Lonestar....."Just keeps gettin better....." (Amazed) ha ha.

What will I do when this bible study is over? AHHH. I just don't know.

So, here's what I can do. I can share with you what God did last night!

First, the Lord answered my silly prayer of, "Lord, please don't let there be only five women that show up tonight!" I mean, I totally would've taught for five women, but I had hoped they all would return!

I knew taking a week off for Easter was a risk...because normally you lose a great deal of people when you get off course. But, God was good. We had our normal group with just a few missing. And if you read this and you were one that was missing......YOU WERE MISSED!! =)

But we just seem to have a great group of women together. They just encourage each other, they pray for one another and they really build each other up. I think that's the core of bible study.....being encouraged.

So last night was all about a clean life. And I realize there may be those that read this blog and perhaps they may ask the question......"What's the big deal about having a clean life?"

Well....a lot.

This idea of dancing with our King is pretty amazing. But the idea that comes with it....total surrender, sometimes not so amazing. I mean, it's amazing when we actually DO it but getting there.....not so much fun.

Here's the thing, I believe that one of the main reasons that you and I live in sin and foolishness so much is because of two main reasons....1. We don't want to admit it. Because no one wants to admit that they have yuck in their hearts. And number 2...we don't even see it! We get these holy glasses on and it's like we are walking around with blinders on! Boy oh boy does the devil LOVE to use that tool...denial.

Galatians 6:7 says, “Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked a man reaps what he sows the one who sows to please his sinful nature from that nature will reap destruction, the one who sows to please the spirit, from the spirit will reap eternal life.”

So, we have two options. We can either choose to live our lives just "OK", getting by, "crossing off the BIG stuff", or we can surrender and ask the Lord to make our hearts and hands clean again and become some RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE IN THE LORD!!

I went through the books of Galatians and Ephesians this past week, and here is what the Lord lead me to tell those sweet women last night what He says is a clean heart. See if you can identify somehow:

A clean heart is restored. It is awake, it is alive it is ready to go.


A clean heart is full of grace. It knows when to smile and walk away, it knows how to accept an apology, it knows how to shower the imperfections of other’s with a sweet taste of grace.

A clean heart is full of the truth. It knows where scripture stands on every trying issue in our lives: Lies, Adultery, Lust, Pride, Hatefulness, Bitterness , Envy, Anger and does everything possible to remove these thorns from the depths of the soul!

A clean heart is exposed to the light. The heart recognizes darkness and flees from it instantly. The light brings sensitivity to darkness and it becomes overwhelmingly painful to walk in the dark. It craves the pureness, joy and peace that comes in the light!

A clean heart makes the most of every opportunity. Because it walks in wisdom and trusts that God’s timing is impeccable and it is ready and waiting for the time to dance each day!

A clean heart is full of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience! A clean heart forgives the way it’s forgiven by the mighty King each day.

A clean heart remembers the chains that once held it in bondage and praises the King each day for breaking the chains being forever gone. A clean heart doesn’t hold guilt or shame because of the freedom it’s been given!

A clean heart is full of encouragement, and is not frightened by those that oppose it!

A clean heart conducts itself in a manner worthy of Christ. A clean heart is full of class, generosity and dignity!

A clean heart is not lazy. It does not expect God’s blessing to just pour out without any type of laboring! A clean heart knows it must work hard for the kingdom and seek out God’s guidance in each step.

And a clean heart... knows that it must start with clean hands.

*********************************************

So I realize that most of you have stopped reading at this point, but I just felt the need to post this. Maybe it's just for one person......maybe it was just for me.

I love you all. This will be my last post this week. I've got a busy next couple of days so I will see your awesome self's back here on Monday. And I hope to have a very special post....about being a shadow! (LITERALLY)

9 comments:

amy alley said...

while you were reading the description of a clean heart last night, i was hoping that you would post it on your blog because it was so good, i wanted to read it again :). appreciated getting to talk with you last night even just for a little bit. see you this weekend!

Rebecca Jo said...

Always feel so blessed coming to your blog...

Sounds like an amazing study group... & I really feel God puts the people there that needs to be there...whether a big group or small group!!!

Have a great weekend!! Cant wait to see your next post...a shadow???

Melissa said...

SO interesting! We started Can We Talk yesterday morning and talked about having clean hands and a pure heart before we can truly hear from the Lord in our quiet times! Mere coincidence? I think not! :)

Jennifer said...

Such great thoughts...I sure wish I could join your Bible study - but I'm glad to get the recaps. Yes, I do want a clean heart! A heart that is willing to be exposed, knows the truth and will humbly ask the Lord (daily) to do the cleaning! Thanks for sharing your study with us!!

Faith said...

"A clean heart is full of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience! A clean heart forgives the way it’s forgiven by the mighty King each day. " - I know this was for me...that was my scripture memory verse for last month and I so needed to hear that word on forgiveness.

Thank you Nicki for sharing what God laid on your heart!

Sarah Martin said...

You inspire me-the Lord is using you greatly!

Love you tons!

nanatrish said...

I think it's so great that you are doing the study. Don't ever apologize for talking about the Lord. He is the greatest subject ever. I love hearing about your life with the girls and your honey.

Sharon Brumfield said...

First I hope you have a great time off...enjoy yourself.
And second....I have been doing some cruising through the book of Ephesians too. Cool that God has had us both there.
He gave you some good meat...I am sure the Spirit moved powerfully through this word.

Joyful said...

WOW Nicki, a lot of good teaching here. "Search me O Lord, and know my heart."

Love the new pics of the girly's on your side bar.

Joy