Thursday, July 24, 2008

You go God!

Last night was the third week of the "Do You Think I'm Beautiful?" bible study and God just showed off like you wouldn't believe!! Go God!

First, we've had so many new women come. I believe we are up to almost sixty! Not that we are about "numbers" but for a summer bible study, this is awesome!

The Podcast should be up later on this evening. Kris was having some trouble with it last night and he was tired, so I didn't make him stay up until the wee hours of the morning working on it!

So if you are interested in listening check back either tonight or in the morning.

My nerves are finally settling down and I'm being able to enjoy myself a little more. Or maybe the ladies are getting more used to me and their eyes aren't looking at me like deer in head lights anymore......either way, it's getting better! =)

Because there have been so many new women each week I haven't even gotten an e-mail out to them, so most of them don't know about this little bloggie where they can come and share their thoughts.

I'm learning....I'm not given the gift of "administration".

AT ALL.

I love how the body of Christ works because the Lord will continually send someone who does have this gift in my life. So next, week, hopefully I'll be able to get an e-mail out! God has sent someone along my side this entire journey who "knows" what they are doing when it comes to "administrative stuff". You know who you are, THANK YOU, and I LOVE you!

There were some tough questions last night.

There were more tears shed last night.

There were more women taking the first step towards their King to begin this beautiful dance of their lives.

It's a precious room that is always filled with smiles at the end of the night. God is working!!

My heart sank last night as one woman asked me if we were in week 5! And I thought, "OH NO, I hope not."(I was having a bit of a blond moment DUH, I totally knew what week we are on!)

But, I can see it's going to be very hard to end this study. We still have half-way to go.....but I'm already getting sad.

These ladies are just so near and dear to me. They are SO beautiful too!! I mean, I could not have a prettier crowd to be looking at each week!

We talked a little bit about our insecurities. On one of the pages of our books it asked us to write down somethings that were beautiful about ourselves, like compliments we have received.

I asked the women to raise their hands if anyone had more than five things written down.

Not one woman raised her hand.

The next question was to write down things we would love to change about ourselves. I then asked them to raise their hands if they had at least five.

Almost every hand was raised. Mine included. I had, eight.

The next question was hard, the book asked us to journal our thoughts on this. Mine were MANY. I kept asking God, "How am I supposed to lead this bible study when my list is so long?"

And through many tears, God spoke to me and this is what He said,

"Nicki, the call to obedience to ME, has to outweigh your insecurities. There has to come a point where your desire to my love, my affection, my gifts to you, will have to outweigh all these other whispers you hear each day."

You see, the world will always tell us that we need just one more beauty product. Or one more new cream for our hips. Or one more "new" haircut......to feel beautiful.

But God, doesn't say that, at all. In fact in Ecclesiastes 3:11 He says, "In it's time, He makes all things beautiful."

In our time of drawing closer to God, being filled up with him and dancing the incredible dance of our lives, we will be beautiful! Not matter what the outside looks like!

Of course, there are always things we can do to help us "feel" better. And I am all about those types of things! We'll talk more about that later.

But when we are filled up with HIM, combined with these other "things" to help us feel better.....wow! What a package that will be!!!

I think you'll enjoy the podcast. It was a good night! Because God is good, and HE showed off and HE touched hearts.

Have a beautiful day. =)

12 comments:

On Purpose said...

Yeah God!

I am so enjoying the awesome reports of what God is doing with this Bible Study. I am praying for you and the women in this group. This is such an important subject, one that if we deal with it will lead us to a very intimate relationship with our God!

Thank you Nicki for being obedient to God and allowing Him to work through you!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

I sure wish I could attend the study. It sounds like you are doing a great job. I look forward to listening to the podcast. I wish it was being filmed for us so I could watch it. But I understand that it might be too complicated. I am thankful for the podcast. It sounds like you are really getting attached to the women and I'm sure they are to you. Teaching these women about getting closer to God is such a wonderful ministry. May God truly bless you for your dedication. Never, never give up!

tammi said...

"Nicki, the call to obedience to ME, has to outweigh your insecurities. There has to come a point where your desire to my love, my affection, my gifts to you, will have to outweigh all these other whispers you hear each day."

I LOVE THAT!!! How awesome to have God's voice come through over those disparaging whispers! This is a wonderful post, Nicki.

Unknown said...

Hey, I saw in your profile the "be sure to let me know you stopped by" part. Well, nice to meet you. We have the three girls thing in common. :)
R <><

Karen Hossink said...

It sounds like this study is going so well. Yea, God!

I absolutely love it when God shows off. *big grin*

concerned parent said...

This is so important to women that we are comfortable and love who we are. Precious study and I love the report.

Tara Sloan said...

Fantastic Word! Where can I listen to the podcast? Is it on your blog?

Amy L Brooke said...

It sounds like it was a good evening! I'm so glad. I'm praying for you.

God's girl said...

I am lifting prayer up for you girl! You are fully equipped by Him. So much freedom is going to come from this and this group. This is such good material. Keep it up. Your walk encourages me.
Much love,
Angela

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am so glad that things are going smoothly. I am glad that your are seeing these women through His eyes...what a blessing to minister to the ones He loves so much.
Wish I could have been there.

MiMi said...

Sounds like this is an awesome study and that you are doing an amazing job leading it! How wonderful that there were almost 60 ladies there! That really is amazing for a Summer Bible study.

Thank you for sharing with those of us that are unable to attend.

Praying for you,
Emilie

Kay Martin said...

60 coming to Summer Bible study is great, but you are such a treasure as a leader and facilitator they may need a larger room. How I'd love to be there!

Yesterday I listed your blog on my blog. I hope that others may be blessed as I have reading your blog posts. You are a blessing.