Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Day 2 of John

This is Taylor and Hope at the Mommy and Me Tea Party at our church
Kennyboo being a precious girl! She posed like that ALL by herself!! =)
Hopie and Kennyboo at the tea party! Look at BOTH of their tounges sticking out!! SILLY GIRLS!!
Kennyboo blowing you a sweet kiss!! She loves you!!


Back in John this great morning! I have to share with you some things that I've learned about John. First, I guess I knew this but, didn't realize this, but John also wrote 1,2 & 3 John AND Revelation. He was possibly a cousin of Jesus, but not John the Baptist. This morning though John the disciple is starting to talk about John the baptist, so when you see me write JB, that's John the BAPTIST, not this author, John. I know........it gets to be confusing!!=)


Verse 6-9: "There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. He himself was not the light;he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world."


Alright, so John is writing about JB (john the baptist). John is telling his readers the exciting account of John the Baptist arriving in the world. Now, this takes us back to the Christmas Story, Christ's birth. You may or may not know that at the same time Mary found out she was pregnant her relative (we don't know if she was an aunt, cousin or whatever) Elizabeth who was considered to old to have a child, was also expecting a child. Remember how Elizabeth's baby "lept in the womb" as soon as she saw Mary?? So, from the very beginning we know that John the Baptist and Jesus had a very special relationship together.


So we know that JB was sent from God, and his purpose was to be a witness for Jesus, the light. It reminds me of the phrase "two are better than one". (I actually think that's a scripture??) God knew that so many people would doubt Mary and of course Jesus. But God had it all worked out! He had the WHOLE picture in mind, once again. I love how John goes on to say that JB was NOT the light himself but only a witness. JB's purpose was simply to prepare the way for Christ's coming. I can relate it to our preachers today. Their purpose is to share the message of Christ, but our faith and our hope is not to be in our preachers, but in Christ alone. They are messengers.


Ok, well that's as far as I want to go this morning because I feel as though I MUST comment on this program I watched last night. It was the prime time special about these "outsiders". This man on there was claiming to be Jesus himself. My heart was just broken as I watched this man. First of all, I can't believe how many people are actually following him! I absolutely can't believe that there are Christians who would believe that it's ok for Jesus to be a recovering heroin addict, and that it's ok for Jesus to go to bars and drink and smoke! His message is this, "There is no hell, you reap what you sow." All while he bears the number of 666 all over himself and his believers. Obviously this man is either possessed by the devil or it is the devil in the flesh.


People! Are you seeing all that is happening around us? I can't help but think that the time is coming sooner and sooner when God almighty will finally step off His throne and put all these people in their place. Sometimes I wonder why God doesn't just do it, just show himself. But, then I stop and think.......oh but He is! Throughout scripture we find warnings about these type of people, false prophets and people claiming to be Jesus. Again, this is why we must know God's word, and must know where we stand on things like this so that we may always be prepared to give an account for why we believe what we believe.(1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.")


I think about this verse in 1 John 2:6 "Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did." This man "The suburb Jesus" isn't exactly living up to that standard. Oh it just makes my heart sad, so sad. And then it makes me mad, how dare this man claim to be MY LORD, when nothing he does or says aligns with scripture.........EXCEPT the tithe of ten percent!!! Oh they got that part right!! isn't that amazing??? Oh so frustrating.......


Well, on another note.......the girls are all good. Hopie starts t-ball this Saturday and guess who's her coach?? hee hee!! Daddy got suckered in!! I'm so glad though, she just craves her daddy, so this will be a good bonding experience. Taylor has absolutely NO desire to do any kind of sport, she is SUCH a girly girl! She's ready for cheerleading to start again! I was thinking about putting her in some cheer camps this summer, that should be fun for her. Kennyboo is good, she's finally a little more cheery, bless her heart she's been in so much pain from her teeth. I've added some pictures for ya'll to see! Have a blessed "knowing where you stand" day!!

No comments: