Thursday, January 11, 2007

Gotta Get Up On Time!!

This is the third day this week I have slept through my early quiet time. And I'm feeling the cost of it! I guess when you get used to taking your relationship with God to the next level and then you bring it down a level, life just doesn't feel the same. I have to just confess that I just have not had a good week spititually. I've been anxious, worried, frustrated and just not at peace. And it all comes back to my obedience in my quiet times. When I try to do my devotions now.......at almost 7am, so much has already happenend in our home kids up, puppy up, Kris up and checking e-mails before I've spent time alone with Christ.

It's not ironic that this morning my devotion was about obedience! It all comes back to the verse that spoke so highly to me about my morning quiet times. Psalm 5:3, "In the morning O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Not that I haven't been having my quiet times still in the morning, they just haven't been FIRST thing like I was doing. My personal conviction is that, FIRST THING in the morning, not before I get everyone settled and then come to God. It's to be before all that madness starts. So, tomorrow I will be up at 5am, coffee in hand, and digging into His word!

Kennedy seems to be doing really well. I hear her up in her crib playing with this duck that quacks! She is just so precious......last night I was rocking her and she kept making the baby sign for "mommy". Oh it just made me melt. Taylor and Hope were so concerned about these tubes, especially Taylor. I explained over and over to them that this was a very routine procedure and we were in good hands. I think Taylor remembers quite a bit from her surgery that anytime I tell her anyone is having anything done, she's vey concerned!

Well, I'd better go for now. I hope you have a very blessed, very obedient day!!!

No comments: