Sunday, August 20, 2006

Easy Like a Sunday Morning

Normally Sundays are CRAZY around here. But today it's actually very quite. Kris has to work at the church today so Kennedy and I are going to the 10:45 service and Taylor and Hope are going out on a boat with my brother Mike. They are very excited. Yes, they should be going to church today but I thought it would be a good time for them to spend with Mike. Yesterday was a very busy and draining day. Can I say how much I HATE car dealerships??? Oh my goodness. Luckily my mom kept Taylor and Hope but we still had Kennedy with us. And we still haven't found the perfect van/situation. We've made an offer on one and they are supposed to let us know Monday. I hope it works out because I'm just plain tired. God blessed us a great deal yesterday and I know He is going to work this whole thing out. I had an amazing time last night as I was studying the different names of God. There are SO many. It was so neat to read the scripture and the meaning of the name that went with it. I also learned that we are always supposed to address God as the Father when we are praying to Him. I guess I'm sure I've heard that before but it does make perfect sense. I often address Him as Lord, but from now on it's Father. The name Yahweh means to exist, be, it reveals God's Character when it is paired up with another word. Like: Yahweh Jireh which means The Lord will provide. I also loved this one: Yahweh Sabboth which I thought was very appropriate for our President, it means Commander & chief!!! Here are a few of the others: Yahweh Shalom=the Lord is our victory, Yahweh Maccaddescem= The Lord who sanctified or sets apart, Yahwhe Ro'i=the Lord is my Shepard, Yahweh Tsidkenu=The Lord of our righteousness and Yahweh Shammah=The Lord is there. There are a few more but those are the ones I just loved last night! Now if I can somehow remember all of them!!! Well, I hope you all have a very blessed day! I'd better get going!!!

No comments: